News from the MA in Film and Television: Research and Production at the University of Birmingham
- So You Want to Work in Television – Comprehensive guide to different roles in the industry, often from guest bloggers who have worked their way up.
- You’d Better Work – Excellent blog about getting into and staying in the media
- The Unit List – Advertises roles for freelancers in the industry, although entry-level jobs can be quite rare. Best to follow on Twitter and Facebook for the latest updates.
- TV Watercooler – ‘The place for TV freelancers’, including discussions, jobs and resources. Great article on where to find runner jobs without having to pay.
- People Looking for TV Work – Runners – Facebook group. Please read the pinned posts and follow the rules!
- Graduate Advantage – specifically geared at graduates in the West Midlands
- TheCallSheet – Has a focus on film and TV drama. Full membership requires subscription, but there is a free ‘newcomer’ service and other basic accounts are also free.
- BBC Careers – Advice, training and opportunities for anyone wishing to pursue a career at the BBC.
- Grapevine Jobs – Media and broadcast roles. Sign up for their newsletter.
- Prospects – Career options for people with degrees in film and photography subjects
- Creative Boom – lots of useful tips and resources for freelancers and those with a portfolio career
- Media Volt – Acting auditons and jobs for TV and film production
- Media Muppet – Lists jobs and internships for all sorts of media roles, from film and TV to journalism and marketing
- Mandy – Jobs, services and casting for TV and film professionals
- Yellow Cat – London-based agency specialising in creative recruitment
- StartinTV – Full access requires payment, but lots of useful information available free about different roles within production, alongside advice.
- Freelance Video Collective – free to join, UK-wide.